Good and bad micro organisms
Faes Foundation representative and Jury observer:
- Prof. Roger Bouillon (Leuven, BE)
- Professor Neena Moodi (Imperial college London, President-Elect Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, London, UK)
- David Dunger (University Cambridge, UK)
- André Baruchel (hôpital Robert Debré, Paris, FR)
- Professor Bert van der Heijden (Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, NL)
The scientific work of this team over the last 15 years is outstanding, as illustrated by many research articles in very high impact journals.
The team has performed ground-breaking work by identifying many acquired genetic abnormalities causing T-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (T-ALL)
The discoveries of this team have already led to novel approaches to a more targeted, thus personalized, treatment of T-ALL, but also of other malignancies in childhood as well as adulthood.
It is expected that their future work will further expand these possibilities, and will improve the survival and quality of life of children and adults affected by malignancies.